issolation

I used to dream of dyslexic friends..... i have by being out many a dyslexic sometimes I think in my head that we all hide from each other. I work fairly closely with many friends who all work in different types of disability work. All of them have different disabilities and none of them have dyslexia. I was on a listserv recently and some one was looking for someone who looks at dyslexia from a disability studies perspective and I think I was all they found. My question to all of you is why? 

I do not know I have always found my disability to be this hidden thing that greatly affects me that I almost want to scream about cause it is something no one gets and I want to talk about and feel I can't. I also in a way I haven't seen in other areas see parents of dyselxics take this huge role in pushing dyslexic issues further and people with dyslexia are not. 

I feel issolated in this way. I also find the way I think about disability in general to be unique and in this something that is hard to find in others. I read a lot about disability but I never see me in the pages.... if I read about people with disabilities I am not there and if I read dyselxic stuff the connections to other rights movements isn't there. Why do we issolate ourselves? We have all these points of isssolation.  When I find myself trying to find people like me..... I don't know if this is possible..... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

pity and inspiration

Comments on writing and spelling

What is my reaction to cities opting out of the bus system?