Moderate

I am considered by many in my disability group at MSU to be the calm one. I can calmly talk to people about disability I don't get angry. I find this interesting, I talk like an activist and have since I started to get involved with disability student groups. I however do not get angry, I don't fight like an activist. In general I am an academic... I guess it means I probably will evenetually be a proffessor cause that is how I talk. I work with groups I work with in group. I do not find anything wrong with working outside the system it is just not historically how I work or how i find myself being affective. I like to help I like to see ways to affect how people think about disability. That is why I disclose so much I feel if I am open about it maybe they will ask me the stupid questions and not ask the people who are not prepared to answer.

I also do not fit in the box people have for disbailities they see me and I suprise them. I can answer questions and I have thought over and over again about what this means to me. I also think all the time with me. Disability this word people think is so ugly is really so fluffy and smily and me and so comfortable with who I am. The acceptance of the word the acceptance of it was the acceptance of myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

pity and inspiration

What is my reaction to cities opting out of the bus system?

Comments on writing and spelling