Is this funny?

 I have been asked two times in the last week if I think this is funny http://xkcd.com . I have to say both times I saw it I was pretty confused by it since I kept looking at it and thinking am I really this dyslexic that I can not find a spelling mistake on it. I kept looking and getting more frustrated then had to ask someone what the joke was. I guess supposably there is an old joke about dyslexics saying dyslexics of the world untie. A joke i have never heard by the way. So the idea is they couldn't get the joke right. My thought is if a dyslexic was purposely trying to spell something correctly opposed to just spelling for truth I think they would be very cognisnt of making it correct. like this blog I purposely do not spell check. I just go with it but I also do this as a way to show how far I have come from before. 

I guess I dont know if I think it is offessive. I tend to find it a little funny and a little offesive at the same time but it also seems pretty harmless as things go. What do you think?? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

pity and inspiration

Comments on writing and spelling

What is my reaction to cities opting out of the bus system?