I love the bus :)

So I have been told my entire life there is no public transit in Detroit. So I never used it.  I went away to college and used it a little but walked almost everywhere cause it was easier.  When I went away to grad school I used it almost exclusively, I always thought people would walk a lot in Iowa.... farmers and all.... nope not so much they all took the bus.  So I used it more and liked it. Now I am back home and find myself using it to ger places I never thought I could get to with out driving. I am loving it, grant it I have to plan but you know being disabled don't you always have to plan :).

I have gone North, South, East and West all with ease i have found myself going at least 15 miles on the bus and I think even more. What does amaze me is how since it is more to get to points going 3 miles can sometimes take as long if not longer then going 10 but when you use the bus you think more in grids. I am not saying that if I figured I could drive that I wouldn't public transit isn't that good. However it is decent, as everyone keeps telling me I am being sooo sustainable... added bonus. I have tried 3 new buses this week and I feel really independent. What I have learned about all buses is that it is all about where you live, if you use the bus live in a busable area. I do, I am sure there are places in this area that are not busable but mine is very good. I am not saying there isn't problems good lord there are tons. Like really some of the cities can't plow the bus stops. I wish there was more support for busing I really do. I wish people realized people do use the bus. I do like it, I find myself being more and more excited about this area again. I love loooking around and hearing poeple talk to each other. I love people watching on the bus. I used to be scared by the larger bus systems most of the ones I had used were small. After using the Detroit ones I think I could use almost any system and figure it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

pity and inspiration

Comments on writing and spelling

What is my reaction to cities opting out of the bus system?