The Helper

When I was little and feeling horrible, there was a tutor who taught me how to fly. So now I am a tutor working with kids who you can tell are defeated. I am really struggling with this. Can I be that tutor, her I am the dyslexic, the LD kid, and the ADHD girl. How can you teach something that you can not 100% do. I guess that is something all teachers struggle with no one is 100% knowledgable.

I hope it works, it seems to be. I do like saying to a kid you know that was how my report card looked when I was your age it gives an entirely new perspective. I am enjoying this tutoring thing. I just kinda wonder what will happen when I find that new SA job. In the economy I guess I can't really worry about that new job I am working so hard to get, I must focus on the now. I am really like tutoring. I feel for the kids I tutor, I can really relate with them. I see their pain and I keep going I have been there.

I try a buncha different things that helped me. I find myself concously trying to figure out was to distract and focus her. I find myself having all these wierd stradegies and my students looking at me like I am crazy and then finding that they work. I feel this sense of comradory and a sense that I don't know if this experience of discovering how people learn will ever be easy on people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

pity and inspiration

Comments on writing and spelling

What is my reaction to cities opting out of the bus system?